Moove & Groove
Who we are
We are a purpose driven organisation. Our purpose is to bring JOY to the communities we operate in through music and movement using innovative technology. We started by dancing in the streets in Sydney, fundraising for many different organisations. Dancing in the streets for corporate team building activities and hens parties.
The immersive experience of silent disco lead us to using the technology to connect with our older adult community. Moove & Groove was born!
Awakening distant memories
What it is
Our classes are lead by expertly trained instructors guiding the group through DANCE moves and commentary to create engagement.
Our MUSIC has been specifically selected to activate memories from the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s.
Our MOVEMENTS have been designed in partnership with an exercise physiologist to develop balance, strength, flexibility and coordination.
All of these elements are increased in success by using SILENT DISCO TECHNOLOGY.
Hearts and minds
- This program is a world first and leverages much existing research on the benefits of music and movement for dementia.
- Mental Stimulation via the music which reactivates memories – this creates “happy states” and participants go into awakened states during class
- Physical Exercise – the immersive nature of the headphones means participants are fully engaged are more able to listen to movement instructions.
- Reduced agitation and easier to manage post class – participants are happier and more settled post class and easier to manage
- Connection –participants experience the class “together” and connection is made with those around them incl staff and family members who often join in.