The benefits are
speaking for themselves
- This program is a world first and leverages much existing research on the benefits of music and movement for dementia.
- Mental Stimulation via the music which reactivates memories – this creates “happy states” and participants go into awakened states during class
- Physical Exercise – the immersive nature of the headphones means participants are fully engaged are more able to listen to movement instructions.
- Reduced agitation and easier to manage post class – participants are happier and more settled post class and easier to manage
- Connection –participants experience the class “together” and connection is made with those around them incl staff and family members who often join in.
- 50% increase in engagment
- Memory activation
- Reducing agitation
- Awakens participants!